A fresh coat of paint can bring new life to your home or business, inside and out. Painting the interior or exterior of your home or business may seem like a do-it-yourself project or maybe something for which you hire a college kid. In addition, If you’ve never hired Design House Painters in Cambridge, you may be missing out on some real benefits. When considering hiring a painting company, you want to know what to look for and what kinds of questions to ask so you can be sure to hire a trustworthy company. This guide will help you select the right painting company and understand what to expect from professional painters.
Tips for Hiring Interior Home Painters Cambridge
Generally, it’s good practice to contact and compare at least three painting companies before making a decision. Here is a sampling of what to ask a painter before hiring one:
- Ask if they can provide reviews from past clients and references from recent jobs. A top-quality painting company will have a reputation to match. Beyond that, you can do your research by looking at their reviews on Google, Yelp, and Angie’s List. You should also be able to look at a photo gallery showing examples of their past work.
- Ask what kinds of jobs are their specialty. Some painting companies perform interior painting but rarely do exterior paint jobs. Some can handle simple jobs but can’t do spaces with high square footage or special decorative finishes. Be sure to find out if the company you’re vetting has the right skills for your specific needs.
- Ask how long they have been in business. Generally, a company won’t stay in business very long if they are unreliable or don’t do good work.
- Ask how many people they will have working on your project. An experienced team of professionals will have enough painters in their employ to get your job done efficiently.
- Ask about their process. A professional painting company will have a process that they follow to ensure quality and consistently reliable outcomes.
- Ask about the deposit required. Most professional painting companies do not require payment in full before completing the job, but many require a deposit. Be sure you’re comfortable with their billing and payment structure before hiring them.
What Should I Expect From A Professional Painter?
- Professionalism. The customer is at the center, and the experience should not feel like a chore. Your painting professional should make the difficult elements of painting easier, such as choosing a color or deciding between paint and stain. They have access to industry tools, experience, and expertise and understand unique situations, like making sure a new paint job is HOA-compliant.
- Consultative Approach. There should be recognition amongst the painting team that it’s your home and that you are the expert in your home and what fits your life. A professional Interior Home Painters Cambridge spends time asking questions and getting to know you and the details of your project.
- Upfront Pricing. You should know what you are getting for what price. With a streamlined and structured estimating approach, you have the opportunity to consider and approve project variables before any work starts.
- Excellent Communication. You are in on the conversation. Collaboratively with a professional painter, you set appointments, choose colors, and set expectations before the project begins.
- Flexible and Reliable. Your painter should understand your needs. They should offer project scheduling that fits your schedule. And when they say they’ll be there, they should be there.
- Excellent Reviews. Check out potential painting companies’ reviews online.
- Quality Products. Look for a painter who uses the best quality.
What to expect from professional painters’ process?
- Scoping. A professional Design House Painters in Cambridge will come to your home or business to get an idea of the project’s scope. At this time, they will assess the condition of the building, the size of the job, and any potential obstacles that might get in the way.
- Consultation. You’re the expert when it comes to your space, but a professional painting company can also be helpful as a consultant on everything from color schemes to stains and finishes.
- Estimate. A professional painting company will provide an estimate promptly before beginning work. There should be no surprises regarding how much the paint job will cost you. Likewise, they should be able to give you a reasonable estimate of how long the job will take to complete. Be sure to get both of these estimates in writing.
- Preparation. A professional painter will prepare the area, properly moving and covering any furniture, floors, and other surfaces before beginning work, including taping off areas to be painted to ensure clean lines and no paint splatter. They will also take the time to treat the surface before applying a drop of paint. This might mean cleaning or sanding surfaces, removing chipped paint, and filling any cracks or holes, or it might require more intensive prepping, such as carpentry.
- Professional Supplies. Painters should come equipped with professional-quality supplies, including tarps, drop cloths, painter’s tape, high-quality paints and primers, brushes, rollers, and sprayers.
- Responsive Communication. Your painter should be available to answer your questions and reply to your calls promptly. They should set appointments in advance and arrive at the scheduled time. Steer clear of painters who are difficult to reach or avoid answering your questions.
- Clean Up. A good painting company won’t leave you to clean up after them. Your painters should thoroughly clean up when finished, leaving behind nothing but a job well done.
- Post Project Follow-Up. The painting company should complete a final inspection to ensure that the work has been completed and meets quality standards.
The Value Of Working With A Professional Painter
Professional Interior Home Painters Cambridge does more than just show up with a painting bucket and brush. This is why Make it great painting offers a variety of painting services. So, Contact us now to make an appointment or to get an estimate.